I had an SR where I needed to identify what VMs were using LRO and what VMs were not.
So as it was a rather big environment with a lot of VMs I wrote a little script. And I wanted to share this with you all. You can find the Script on my GitHub
Please Note: This script is not supported by VMware. And running untrusted code on your Hypervisor can have a negative effect.
Now let's have a look at the output and identify what we are seeing.
- VM World: This is the World ID of the VM
- VM Name: This is the Name of the VM
- Port ID: This is the Port ID on the vSwitch/DVS
- LRO pkts: This is the number of offloaded packages
- LRO bytesL This is the number of offloaded bytes
So we can clearly see, that the VM logs-01 is not using any offloading features.